Old Hyde

Old Hyde
Pole Bank 1910 ----------------------------------------------------------Town Hall 1937 --------------------------------------------- Cenotaph 1990

Sunday 26 July 2009

Hyde War Memorial Trust


A new website has just come online. The Hyde War Memorial Trust website has been set up to document the 710 men of Hyde who perished in the Great war of 1914-1919 (when the treaty of Versailles was actually signed). In time, it will contain a wealth of information relating to the men, the monument and the country park.

One of the first additions to the site is a copy of the original 1921 unveiling souvenir brochure.

2 comments:

  1. Just to let you know, I will have a page up for every one of the 710 men by the end of this week. They are all scanned in, and just need uploading and the links done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Gerald...... and I'm sure the link will be most interesting.. I'm off there now.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to keep captchas on my blogs but I took them off and got inundated with spam - I appreciate your efforts to comment despite the hurdle.

Related Posts with Thumbnails