Old Hyde

Old Hyde
Pole Bank 1910 ----------------------------------------------------------Town Hall 1937 --------------------------------------------- Cenotaph 1990

Friday 1 August 2008

Automasters 1980


The City Daily Photoblog network theme for today is Metal.

The word makes me think of heavy engineering and in Hyde the one name that comes to the fore is Automasters. Their works on the banks of the Peak Forest Canal closed down in recent years.

This is how the works looked at its peak in the 1980s.

You can view thumbnails from over 180 participants to the theme on the CDPB portal.

8 comments:

  1. Good representation of the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice effect! I'm not familiar with the brand name. Were they making cars?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really interesting Gerald. I love both your posts today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems so much has closed down. I have been on a number of excursions lately to see things that, when I arrive find they no longer exist. Espacially out the Eastern parts of London.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's becoming increasingly difficult to find industrial landscapes in our countries now. Manufacturing has all but disappeared from Australia.

    Sydney Daily Photo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful old photo! Most of the manufacturing in this country is nearly gone, too. All of it's in China and India these days.

    Happy Theme Day!

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  7. As a Brummie bought up in the black Country I can appreciate this kind of heavy metal.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to keep captchas on my blogs but I took them off and got inundated with spam - I appreciate your efforts to comment despite the hurdle.

Related Posts with Thumbnails