Sunday, 6 July 2008
Henry Enfield Dowson was born November 23rd, 1837 and died August 20th 1925. He became the minister of Hyde Chapel in 1867 and served for 51 years.
He gave his name to Dowson Road as well as other places in the town.
So revered and respected was he that he lies buried not in the graveyard but inside the chapel.
His bust can be seen on Hyde Daily Photo.