Old Hyde

Old Hyde
Pole Bank 1910 ----------------------------------------------------------Town Hall 1937 --------------------------------------------- Cenotaph 1990

Tuesday 3 November 2009

Diamond Row


Janet Howie sent me this photograph of the cottages known as Diamond Row. I'm not sure of the age of this; I'd guess circa 1920.

They used to stand on the corner of Stockport Road and Back Bower Lane.

The Diamond Row reservoir, which was behind them, has been covered and is now an open space.

2 comments:

  1. What a shame these did not survive... I like the diamond shapes in the windows and stone lintels.... this is the first time I have seen a picture of them Gerald... I have of course had heard them mentioned many times...
    Great post Gerald

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonder why it was called Diamond row!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to keep captchas on my blogs but I took them off and got inundated with spam - I appreciate your efforts to comment despite the hurdle.

Related Posts with Thumbnails