Old Hyde

Old Hyde
Pole Bank 1910 ----------------------------------------------------------Town Hall 1937 --------------------------------------------- Cenotaph 1990

Tuesday 28 August 2007

Dowson Road


This picture (date unknown; click to enhance) shows Dowson Road at its junction with Stockport Road.

So far as I know, Dowson Road was built in the 30s to bypass Gee Cross. The bus appears to be Stockport bound.

Stockport road comes in from the right and sweeps round with the tramlines towards Gee Cross. There is a clear view of Hyde Chapel and a group of men are sitting on a bench by the corner.

Compare with this a recent photograph shown on Hyde Daily Photo.

1 comment:

  1. I've a copy of this picture somewhere and I've never notice the road sign before.
    It as certainly changed a lot Gerald. For the better? .... who knows.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to keep captchas on my blogs but I took them off and got inundated with spam - I appreciate your efforts to comment despite the hurdle.

Related Posts with Thumbnails