Old Hyde

Old Hyde
Pole Bank 1910 ----------------------------------------------------------Town Hall 1937 --------------------------------------------- Cenotaph 1990

Saturday 26 April 2008

West Side of Market Street


This picture of the West side of Market Street compliments the picture of the East side posted last week.

That is the same tram at the bottom of the street.

On this side is the Church Inn which in recent years has changed its name to Tylers. At present it is closed as are the Globe and Flannagans (previously Moulders).

4 comments:

  1. It really was a surprise to see the Church inn of old close its doors.. I and I sure many more folk have fond memories from there.
    In the 1970s their Boddingtons Bitter was second to none in these parts and I was more than happy to sink a few in my time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gerald.. I drove past tonight and the old Church Inn was swinging.. it's now called Route 66 and Flannigans were open to..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Old Hyde series! Especially Joel Lane, Gee Cross - it reminds me of the place I grew up in. Where do you get those photos?

    Gerald, I stopped by to say goodbye. Tomorrow is my last post and I'd like to thank you for your visits and funny comments and wish you the best of everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say I am enjoying the Old Hyde series. To see a time when high streets were individual and recogniseable is a real pleasure.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to keep captchas on my blogs but I took them off and got inundated with spam - I appreciate your efforts to comment despite the hurdle.

Related Posts with Thumbnails