Old Hyde

Old Hyde
Pole Bank 1910 ----------------------------------------------------------Town Hall 1937 --------------------------------------------- Cenotaph 1990

Monday 16 June 2008

Children's Day


In 1931 Hyde was celebrating fifty years of incorporation as a Borough. Children aged three to fifteen had been given a jubilee medal and some chocolate.

June 16th was declared Children's Day and some 4000 marched to the Town Hall to sing hymns and the National Anthem.

As can be seen by the plethora of umbrellas, it was not a sunny day.

3 comments:

  1. I just love all of your old photos and the stories to go along with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this type of old shot people came out cos it was all there was to do no TV Video games or other distractions it was life

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could have been in this photo as I lived in Martin St, at the time

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about having to keep captchas on my blogs but I took them off and got inundated with spam - I appreciate your efforts to comment despite the hurdle.

Related Posts with Thumbnails